Odds: A brilliant daily blog about life in the past in the East End of London. Fabulous photos and vignettes.
Mrs. Caroline Roberts of 22 Lindfield street, Poplar, London seen here in November 1940 feeding cats made homeless by the Nazi bombing raids
Commercial Road - 1926
Byng Street on the Isle of Dogs around 1925 - huge Clippers used the docks to deliver cargo
The original entrance to the East India Docks, c1890. The security of the area was provided by tall walls and a private police force.
Cutty Sarks last Voyage from East India dock
The 'Lalla Rookh' lies alongside the quay in the Surrey Docks, with the 'Alastor' on the opposite side of the dock and the 'Virgo' astern, probably in June, 1928. | Museum of London
Street Hurdles, Poplar, May 8, 1936
The Railway Tavern - also known as Charlie Brown's - in the West India Dock Road, c 1930
Pennyfields Road, leading from West India Dock Road towards Poplar High Street, including H. Doe Foon's restaurant, No. 57. St. John Adcock, Wonderful London, (1926/7), vol. III, p.1013.