St Ann’s Well, Nottingham, c In 1887 all buildings in the area were demolished to make way for the Nottingham Suburban Railway and it was believed that the monument and Well were covered by one of the supports for the Wells Road Viaduct.
Black Boy Hotel, Long Row, Nottingham. An inn had stood on this sight for many years when it was rebuilt by Fothergill in 1887-88. He later extended and added to the hotel in 1897. With its massive central tower with dark wooden gables and a Bavarian balcony with a dark wood balustrade, it was a major landmark in Nottingham city centre until its demolition in the late 1960s.