Last updated 22 weeks ago
4 Lambridge Buildings, Larkhall, early C20th, former site of Langbridge Home and Hardware.
Nos.4-6 Lambridge buildings were built around 1860 as part of a terrace of four storey houses. The business was founded in 1958 under the name of V&K Langbridge. It was situated at No.5 Lambridge Buildings. In 1966 they acquired no.4 Lambridge Buildings. In 1981, the name changed to Langbridge Home Hardware - which became part of a 400-strong group of independent retailers. No. 6 was also acquired by the business in 2001 when the village post office closed. The business finally closed Feb 2020.