This armor was assembled and restored in the 1920s using individual elements discovered in the ruins of the Venetian fortress at Chalcis, on the Greek island of Euboea, which had fallen to the Turks in 1470. The purpose was to present a full armor of the style worn in Italy ca 1400, a period from which no complete armors survive.

This armor was assembled and restored under the direction of Dr. It consists of elements mostly from Chalcis, such as those exhibited in the vitrines to the left and right

Effigies and Brasses: Sir Barthélemy de Tabarie (1385)

Effigies and Brasses: Sir Barthélemy de Tabarie

Pinterest
Search