Armley / Holbeck : Wellington Road. 1956.
The railway Roundhouse on the right, has over the years, had many different trades and manufacturers within its walls, this photograph shows the West Leeds Motor Co in situ, with a varied selection of vintage fuel pumps on display. Behind the tram, to the left, is the start of Armley Road with the White Horse Hotel on the corner, just out of site. Photo. K. Plant.
Leeds. Stanningley Town St. 1951.
Outside the 'Fleece' hotel terminus. This public house sold 'Kirkstall Ales' which came from a large brewery at the bottom of Broad Lane alongside the Leeds & Liverpool canal, the company finally came under control of Whitbreads in 1983, later it was converted into a student hall of residence. After the Pudsey route had been discontinued in 1938, only a few trams came to this point at peak times as an extension of the No 14 service to Half Mile Lane, mainly to serve George Cohen's…