Red Lion Street area, Kirk's Yard, Nottingham, 1919. All demolished in the late 1920's-early 30's and replaced by some of the first purpose built council houses. Narrow Marsh lay beneath the cliff of the Lace Market, seen here in the background. The area was notorious for slum dwellings and outbreaks of cholera and other diseases. The houses on the left show frame-knitters windows. The timber-frame house, 'Marsh Farm' may be Tudor, with a marvellous display of repairs and patching.