I tried using dissolvable fabric and first of all stitch one line to test out the effects after putting in water. The constituency seems very gluey and I feel it will take a while to get use to this process.
2/10/16 I decided to create very small samples to fill this book. I am interested in the contrast of scale from really big to really small. I drew with pink pen onto this fabric then went over it on the sewing machine .
8/12/16 I realised that I had started stitching on the wrong side so I decided to work on the alternate side with pink thread and outlined the brick shapes. I was unsure if the contrast of stitches would work next to each other but in fact I think it presents interest in the work. The paper stitch appears different to the lines within the bricks. This stitch presents a better texture for the subject it is portraying of leaves and trees.