11/3/15. The final piece is up after a day of moving from Walcott Chapel to a shop .

The final piece is up after a day of moving from Walcott Chapel to a shop .

2/4/16  I continued to make lots of smaller butterflies.

I continued to make lots of smaller butterflies.

2/4/16  I continued to make smaller butterflies with different threads.

I continued to make smaller butterflies with different threads.

1/4/16 I experimented with different coloured threads to see which would work best with the other butterflies in the composition.

I experimented with different coloured threads to see which would work best with the other butterflies in the composition.

31/3/16  I made some smaller butterflies for the top of the final piece.

I made some smaller butterflies for the top of the final piece.

30/3/16 I stated to think about my piece for the cabinet of curiosities and attached one of my embroidered butterflies onto a mini canvas .

I stated to think about my piece for the cabinet of curiosities and attached one of my embroidered butterflies onto a mini canvas .

29/3/16. I decided that there needed to be something between the gaps in the fabric so I used small pieces of paper to create interesting patterns .

I decided that there needed to be something between the gaps in the fabric so I used small pieces of paper to create interesting patterns .

28/3/16. I finished sewing the butterflies on the background fabric . I used white thread so that it would blend into the background.

I finished sewing the butterflies on the background fabric . I used white thread so that it would blend into the background.

27/3/16. I started to arrange the butterflies on the calico fabric, to see which ones worked best together .

I started to arrange the butterflies on the calico fabric, to see which ones worked best together .

26/3/16 I thought about which angles to present the butterflies . I feel that if the butterflies are at unusual angles it will create more interest in the  piece.

I thought about which angles to present the butterflies . I feel that if the butterflies are at unusual angles it will create more interest in the piece.

26/3/16. I decided to try a black contrast to present a string contrast and arranged my samples on top . I feel that the black is too dark so therefore the cream calico will be used for final piece .

I decided to try a black contrast to present a string contrast and arranged my samples on top . I feel that the black is too dark so therefore the cream calico will be used for final piece .

26/3/16. I decided to try different background colours to present more of a contrast against the embroidered pieces . Although I feel that the colour distracts from the piece and a calm fragile look is what I am going for .

I decided to try different background colours to present more of a contrast against the embroidered pieces . Although I feel that the colour distracts from the piece and a calm fragile look is what I am going for .

25/3/16. I started to experiment with different varnishes to overlay over the top of my embroidered pieces. Although the varnish seemed dark and detracted from the embroidery so I have decided not to use it in my final piece.

I started to experiment with different varnishes to overlay over the top of my embroidered pieces. Although the varnish seemed dark and detracted from the embroidery so I have decided not to use it in my final piece.

24/3/16. I started to arrange the final piece with a calico background . I feel that the background will strengthen the work and make a good surface to work on .

I started to arrange the final piece with a calico background . I feel that the background will strengthen the work and make a good surface to work on .

24/3/16. I made more samples of different sizes to work out the best ones for the final piece.

I made more samples of different sizes to work out the best ones for the final piece.

23/3/16. I decided that the back of my embroidery  samples were more curious than the front so therefore will experiment with different ways of arranging them .

I decided that the back of my embroidery samples were more curious than the front so therefore will experiment with different ways of arranging them .

Pinterest
Search