Already a hundred and seventy five years old when Sweeney Todd opened his barber shop opposite this survivor of the Great fire of London. Built in 1610 and first used as a tavern, known as the Prince's Arms, and still displaying the three feathers motif on the façade of this original 17th century half-timbered front, the wood on its bay windows being preserved by century's of thick layers of paint which covered the whole front. The façade is still in its original form. Fleet Street, London.
The Tudor "Merchant's House" in Exeter, Devon, England, UK was built circa 1500. This photo was taken in 1922. The house was saved & moved in 1961 to make way for a new road and can still be seen today, restored to its full glory.