The Old Tavern has been a fixture in downtown Tuscaloosa since the time of the capital era. Innkeeper William Dunton built the structure in and it's one of the few remaining nineteenth-century inns in the state.
Historic home in Okauchee served as an inn on a stagecoach line
This historical photo of William “Buffalo Bill” Cody’s stagecoach line to the Black Hills in Dakota Territory shows his livery stable, originally built in 1894, which was also used by the Sheridan Inn. — True West Archives —