Limehouse 1900

Limehouse 1900

West India Dock Gates

West India Dock Gates

East India Dock Road Nos 235–243 (odd), left to right, built about 1845–8, in c1930

East India Dock Road Nos (odd), left to right, built about in

All Saint's Church and Churchyard in Poplar, photographed by William Whiffin in 1905. The churchyard was closed for burials in 1862.In 1893 the northern part was set out as a public recreation ground by the Metropolitan Public Gardens Association and the same arrangement was later extended to the whole churchyard. This facility was opened in 1906, its maintenance having been entrusted to the Borough Council.

All Saint's Church and Churchyard in Poplar, photographed by William Whiffin in 1905. The churchyard was closed for burials in 1862.In 1893 the northern part was set out as a public recreation ground by the Metropolitan Public Gardens Association and the same arrangement was later extended to the whole churchyard. This facility was opened in 1906, its maintenance having been entrusted to the Borough Council.

The Eastern

The Eastern

thornfield house pennyfields 1988

thornfield house pennyfields 1988

The Eastern 1950 - Commercial Road and West Indian Dock Road Junction

The Eastern 1950 - Commercial Road and West Indian Dock Road Junction

Three Colt Street in 1929. Photo: Island History Trust Collection

Three Colt Street in 1929. Photo: Island History Trust Collection

Pinterest
Search