Similar ideas popular now
"Highgate" Station, now Archway. This image is the station’s second incarnation. Originally built as a tiled ox-blood red in 1907, it was rebuilt as here in 1930 by Charles Holden. In 1939 the Northern line was then extended to East Finchley and a new station opened named Highgate, thus this Highgate was renamed Archway. Finally this station was demolished along with a number of buildings on the northside of Junction Road when the Archway Tower was built in 1963, where the station is now housed.