The original Lyceum in Govan was a music hall, converted to "Govan's Super Cinema" in and destroyed by fire in The owner A B King commissioned Charles J McNair & Elder as architects of a new state of the art cinema, with a capacity of which opened in
Mosspark Picture House was one of the smaller independent cinemas in Glasgow, known locally as the "Mossie". Opened by Duncan Campbell in 1925, it was sold to Scottish Central Cinemas in 1938. Its site on Paisley Road West proved attractive to property developers and in 1973 it was sold for this purpose and closed. - TheGlasgowStory
WHITE ELEPHANT, KILMARNOCK ROAD From the outside, it now looks like an extension of a 1960s shopping centre - but in fact, this building dates back to 1927. Part of a complex including a cinema, dance hall, restaurant and car park, a competition to name it chose the unusual name of 'White Elephant'.