Tintern Abbey, Wales | It is situated in the village of Tintern, on the Welsh bank of the River Wye in Monmouthshire, which forms the border between Monmouthshire in Wales and Gloucestershire in England.
The Folly at Pontypool has commanding views of the surrounding countryside. It was built by John Hanbury, the local iron master who owned Pontypool Park, sometime around 1770. It is reputed to have been used as a lookout for the local hunts and as a summerhouse for the family. At the start of WW2, the tower was demolished as it was feared that it could be used as a landmark for enemy aircraft looking to locate the ordnance factory at Glascoed.