old photos of carlton

Collection by Irene

40 
Pins
Nottingham Castle before restoration Nottinghamshire c1870 View... News Photo | Getty Images

Nottingham Castle before restoration, Nottinghamshire, c1870. View...

Nottingham Castle before restoration, Nottinghamshire, c1870. View showing architectural detail of the steps and pillars at the eastern facade. After the restoration of King Charles II in 1660, title...

City Transport bus outside Victoria Station, Nottingham, early 1960s.

Log In or Sign Up to View

City Transport bus outside Victoria Station, Nottingham, early 1960s.

1901 – King Johns Chambers, Bridlesmith Gate, Nottingham

1898 – Chapel, Workhouse, Nottingham

Architect: Arthur Marshall Following the demolition of the Nottingham Union workhouse in the 1890s to make way for the Victoria Station (itself since closed and demolished), a new workhouse was bui…

Theatre Royal and Upper Parliament Street, Nottingham, 1909.

NottsPics on Twitter

Theatre Royal and Upper Parliament Street, Nottingham, 1909.

Policebox on the Ropewalk

The lost police stations of Nottingham

The Post took a sneak peek at the city's spanking new Central Police Station this week - and how times have changed. Bygones writer David Lowe takes a nostalgic look back to the Nottingham cop shops...

Collin's Alms Houses, Friar Lane. The block of buildings was built in 1709 by T. Smith the great banker who was acting as trustee under the will of Abel Collin.

Nottinghamshire history > Articles > Articles form the Transactions of the Thoroton Society > An itinerary of Nottingham:

An online resource for Nottinghamshire local history, genealogy and archaeology

Drury Walk Entrance to Broadmarsh Centre, Nottingham, c 1970s

404

Drury Walk Entrance to Broadmarsh Centre, Nottingham, c 1970s

Jessamine Cottages, Castle Road, c 1950

The People's College, Nottingham. 1846 - 2006

Castle Road, 1963 Looking south from junction with Hounds Gate and showing Mortimer House (now The Castle public house.) Mortimer House was designed by Nottingham's renowned architect Watson Fothergill. The row of shops and offices, was built in 1883 for Mr. Tate. The roof line is extremely varied and complex as the building runs down the slope between Hounds Gate and round the corner into Castle Gate. A square tower dominates the top end, while a rounded turret caps the lower end. The style…

Carlton Hill looking towards Carlton Square, showing the Windsor Castle Public House November 1972

404

Carlton Hill looking towards Carlton Square, showing the Windsor Castle Public House November 1972

Valley Road - Foxhill Road The Carlton Public House 1983

404

Valley Road - Foxhill Road The Carlton Public House 1983