Glasgow & South Western Railway - travelandmixpix
15403. A Whitelegg 540 Class 4-6-4T 'Baltic' of Glasgow & South Western Railway. Built in 1922 as No 543, it was the last new build engines made for the G&SWR before grouping. After grouping it became LMS 15403 (Class 5P), and was withdrawn in December 1935 at Ayr
LMS ex-MR Johnson design Class 2F 0-6-0 3090 (rebuilt with Belpaire boiler & 5'3" wheels) at Cambridge shed [19 June 1947]. The coal in the tender appear to be in huge lumps, much larger than the head of the man on the footplate. A rather spotty print from a poorly rinsed negative.
No 17460. A Drummond 294 "Jumbo" Class 0-6-0ST Pug. It was built for the Caledonian Railway in 1897 as CR 596. It became LMS 17460 on grouping and 57460 by BR at nationalisation. It was classed by LMS as Class 2F. It was withdrawn at Stirling South in 1957 and scrapped at Kilmarnock Works