Bulwell Market Place, Main Street, Bulwell, Nottingham, 1960s. The Olympia theatre/cinema, later to become Woolworths, can be seen on the far left. Behind the van is the Penguin Cafe and the Horse and Jockey pub can be seen behind the trolleybuses.
Barton Transport's first new double deckers after the war were delivered in 1947/8. They were Leyland Titan PD1s with beautifully designed Duple bodies. These vehicles gave many years of reliable service and became something of a legend in bus circles
Barton Transport - Second hand deckers - During the mid sixties Barton purchased a considerable number of ex London Transport vehicles. Fleet number 1033 was a Weymann bodied 7RT acquired in 1965