- Olivia Mullin - Many of my garments from H+M are made in Cambodia so I wanted to find out what the garment industry was like. - Cambodia factory workers are paid less that $30 a month, children as young as 15 doing 12 hour shifts, women are denied sick leave and ask to leave work when pregnant. - Over the past few years recent documentaries have shown workers also suffer from harassment and abuse. REF: You Tube ▶ Dallas Cowboys using sweatshop labor in Cambodia in English - YouTube
- Olivia Mullin - Re-use clothes and shoes is an American company dedicated to reducing the amount of textiles that get sent to landfills each year. Their misson is to make it more convenient for communities to re-use clothes and shoes. - Their used clothing gets donated to help the poor and those in developing countries. - Ref: http://www.reuseclothesandshoes.com
- Olivia Mullin - I read loads of magazines and I do recycle them however this video clip on You Tube shows different ways an old magazine can come to use. - I like the idea of creating envelopes from magazine cuttings. Ref: Description: DIY Magazine Upcycling by lorrynetta54 on Youtube Year: 2012 Date accessed: 13/02/14
See the entire collection from the Christopher Raeburn Spring 2014 Ready-to-Wear runway show.
- Olivia Mullin - Looking through up-cycling tutorials on You Tube gave me the inspiration to alter my own top. - I got an old basic black T-shirt that I would of thrown in the bin and transformed it into a crop top. Plain crop tops are in this Spring/Summer so in affect I've got myself a brand new garment
- Olivia Mullin - This is my own image taken 2 years ago when I did a sustainability project in college. - Our brief was to create a recycled pair of trousers using ends of materials donated to us by local fabric shops. The flower on the trousers was made out of curtain samples. I think this is a really creative way of up cycling materials.