"The Architect's Jump" at Alexandra Road, Camden, London, NEAVE BROWN, architect, Camden Council Architects Dept, designed / built 1968-1978, GRADE II Listed

Alexandra Road Estate, Camden by Neave Brown. “The Alexandra Road estate is a low-rise, high-density, mixed-use development designed by Neave Brown for Camden’s Architects’ Department.

A woman and her two daughters view the surrounding terraced housing from the roof of Hillcott House, a new block of council flats, in Shoreditch, London. (Getty Images) Circa 1938

A woman and her two daughters view the surrounding old terraced housing from the roof of Hillcott House, a new block of council flats, in Shoreditch, London. (Photo by London Express/Getty Images).

Old Nichol St 1880's. Nick named the Old Jago, a no go area (behind Shoreditch)

Joe Flanagan on

Lower Fore Street, a narrow cobblestoned street in Lambeth, pictured in This industrial area became very densely populated over the Victorian period; its inhabitants rose from in 1801 to nearly by the time this photograph was taken.

Robinsons Flour Mill, Deptford, London 1883

Robinsons Flour Mill, Deptford, London, This building's probably long gone now - a shame, it has a certain beauty.

St Mary Overys Dock, Clink Wharf Limited, Southwark, c 1955. Eric de Mare, via English Heritage

St Mary Overys Dock, Clink Wharf Limited, Southwark, c Eric de Mare, via English Heritage

Destroyed in 1883 for extension to the Metropolitan Line from Aldgate to Tower of London

Old Pics Archive on

Old Houses, Aldgate, Published by Society for Photographing Relics of Old London. The photograph shows a row of shambles, destroyed for the extension of the Metropolitan Railway from Aldgate to Tower Hill.

Highgate station (renamed Archway a few years later) was reopened with Charles Holden's huge glazed wall frontage in April 1932.

London's great tunnel visionaries

Highgate station (renamed Archway a few years later) was reopened with Charles Holden's huge glazed wall frontage in April

Canada Water Estate, Rotherhithe, London, 1964  (London County Council Architects’ Department)

Canada Water Estate, Rotherhithe, London, 1964 (London County Council Architects’ Department)

Tube: Mark Lane station (later re-sited and renamed Tower Hill), 1907. (London)

London's great tunnel visionaries

Mark Lane Underground station served the Circle and District Lines. It opened in replacing the nearby Tower of London station and closed in replaced by Tower Hill station.

Tower Bridge Road - Pictures of Bermondsey & Rotherhithe

Pie and Mash shops unique to the UK, Lovely meat pies with mashed potatoes and green (parsley) Liquor. I have had it delivered from this shop Manze, they deliver all over the UK and it's the original thing. Pie and Mash shops also serve Jellied Eels

Canada Water Estate, Rotherhithe, London, 1964 (London County Council Architects’ Department)

Canada Water Estate, Rotherhithe, London, 1964 (London County Council Architects’ Department)

Pinterest
Search