Pinterest
Crantock Bay, Cornwall A real home from home. Love it down there.

Crantock Bay, Cornwall A real home from home. Wonderful grove of Echium pininana in the foreground.

Lady Godiva, was an 11th-century Anglo-Saxon noblewoman who, according to legend, rode naked through the streets of Coventry in order to gain a remission of the oppressive taxation imposed by her husband on his tenants. The name "Peeping Tom" for a voyeur originates from later versions of this legend in which a man named Tom had watched her ride and was struck blind or dead.

Lady Godiva statue by Sir William Reid Dick unveiled at midday on 22 October 1949 in Broadgate, Coventry, a gift from Mr W. Bassett-Green, a (photograph taken in October

St. Michael's victory over the Devil, 1958, Sir Jacob Epstein - Coventry Cathedral, Coventry, England

warrior angels and Jesus Christ foot on satan's head St. Michael's victory over the Devil, Sir Jacob Epstein - Coventry Cathedral, Coventry, England

Coventry - The Baptistery Window in the New Cathedral, designed by John Piper.

The consecration of Coventry's new cathedral, designed by Sir Basil Spence, on this day May, The new church replaced the cathedral that was destroyed by German bombing during The Baptistery Window in the New Cathedral

Warwick, Lord Leycester Hospital

The Lord Leycester Hospital in Warwick; a retirement home for ex-servicemen and their wives. "Hospital" is used in its ancient sense, meaning ‘a charitable institution for the housing and maintenance of the needy, infirm, or aged’.

Kenilworth Castle, in Warwickshire. The castle was originally Saxon, and this stone building dates from the 11th century. John of Gaunt acquired it from his first wife, and turned it from a purely military castle into a fortified home.

Katherine Swynford: how a Duke's Mistress became the ancestor of royalty

Kenilworth Castle, in Warwickshire. The castle was originally Saxon, and this stone building dates from the century. John of Gaunt acquired it from his first wife, Blanche of Lancaster, and turned it from a purely military castle into a fortified home.

The pub I used to work at... Coventry

The Golden Cross public house, in Hay Lane, Coventry, was constructed in 1583