Children of Men - - A very solid film that was exactly as it was described to me. Fantastic scenes, nice ideas, but poor dialogue. Perhaps the lame dialogue was necessary to get points across clearly as the story unfolded.
Before and after edit of the camera rig. Lifted contrast and saturation and upped the whites.
Before and after editing the Super 8 camera. In addition to shooting in flat colour profile, this picture was also taken with a vintage lens which meant a lot of the contrast is sucked out of the image (wich is a good thing). So i increased contrast and saturation to bring life back into he image as well as adding in an overall warm tone to the image.
Before and after editing of the main image for the article. As I shoot in a flat colour profile, all depth and colour is held in the image which gives greater flexibility. I lifted contrast and saturation as well as adding a slight vignette to focus the image on the camera.
The before and after editing shots of on of the primary sourced images. I lifter saturation and added contrast while adding a slight vignette and adding a slight touch of green to the shadows.
Here is the before and after editing of the drone picture. Because I shoot with a flat colour profile i lifted contrast and saturation and added a vignette as well as adding in a green tingle to the shadows.
Screenshot 5: This is just after adding in the very final image to the double page spread design. This is a primary image of a DSLR video rig set-up illustrating the point that no matter the budget, then you are able to get a hold of quality equipment to produce high-quality images.
screenshot 4: i have just added the 2nd still image from Children of men in the bottom left corner of the left page. Using both of these images from the film demonstrates the shallow depth of field 'style' that I mention in the text.
screenshot 3: I have added a few more and have just included the still image from Gone Girl that i will then resize and shape to fill to top right hand corner of the right page. I'm adding it in there as in the paragraph to the left mentions the cinematography of the film.
screenshot 2: I have now added the main article image as well as a couple supplementary primary images that I've taken. I place the images around the article in relevant spots that correlate to what is being mentioned in the article.
screenshot 1: The bare bones of the article laid out in Illustrator. I then proceed to add pictures and further format the text.