Brockley Hall was occupied from about 1845 by the Noakes family. They owned a brewery in Bermondsey, but also farmed at Brockley. The house was demolished in 1931 and Brockley Hall Road, Bearsted Rise, Horsmonden Road and Sevenoaks Road were built over the grounds and fields.
Reservoir Road was laid out in the 1880s as part of the Haberdashers' Company development of their New Cross estate between 1875 and 1900. The reservoir itself was, in fact, on the neighbouring Jerningham Road. A curiosity of the houses on the left lies in the irregular line of the rear back garden fences, which follows a field boundary based on the ancient Surrey/Kent county boundary.