A Casino at Elmhurst Park was located in southwest Mineral Wells, Texas, at the turn of the twentieth century. The structure was a large stucco building facing Elmhurst Lake (created by a dam on Pollard Creek) in the foreground. The lake was sometimes referred to as "Pollard Lake." Elmhurst Park was served by the Mineral Wells Electric Railroad (Street Car).
Luvable Friends Printed Fleece Blanket, Birds
Period Hotel & Annex Mineral Wells Texas 1941 postcard. The Period Hotel, at the corner of NW 4th Avenue and 6th Street, was owned and operated by Miss Lizzy More. The Annex is connected to the north. This photograph shows the Neo-classical building before subsequent remodeling. A picture in A.F. Weaver's "Time Was in Mineral Wells" (on page 103) shows the building after it was altered. The hotel burned, but the Annex still stands, and is known as Town House Apartments.
Fort Wolters has had several names and served a variety of services over the last 90 years. It started out life as a Texas National Guard Training Camp in 1925 and ended its life as a civilian industrial park