The Union Trust Building (501 Grant St., Pittsburgh, PA), was erected in 1915-16 by the industrialist Henry Clay Frick. The Flemish-Gothic structure's original purpose was to serve as a shopping arcade. The building is modeled after the famous Municipal Hall at Leuven, Belgium, partly destroyed during the World Wars. Designed by Frederick J. Osterling. The Union Trust Company purchased the structure in 1923, renaming it from the Union Arcade to the Union Trust Building.