A small town named Dove was settled in 1851. Near it was Cashin Station, a stage stop. The town consisted of a general store with a telephone, school and a flag stop for the Southern Pacific Railroad. The town and some of the cemetery was swallowed up in 2004 by a commercial project. The souls buried in the cemetery were relocated to the Atascadero District Cemetery.