City Methodist Church, located in Gary Indiana, is one of the best known and most popular Midwest locations for Urban Explorers (UrBex), movie crews, indie films, music video shoots, and photographers. It's even been host to goth weddings and receptions! Not bad for a structure that's been abandoned since 1975, and is slowly crumbling.

City Methodist Church, located in Gary Indiana, is one of the best known and most popular Midwest locations for Urban Explorers (UrBex), movie crews, indie films, music video shoots, and photographers. It's even been host to goth weddings and receptions! Not bad for a structure that's been abandoned since 1975, and is slowly crumbling.

An abandoned Castle in Italy ◉ re-pinned by http://www.waterfront-properties.com/

An abandoned Castle in Italy ◉ re-pinned by http://www.waterfront-properties.com/

The lobby of the Loew’s Palace Theatre.  It opened as the Poli’s Palace Theatre on September 4, 1922 in Bridgeport, Connecticut. Since its closing, the interior of the Palace has been used as a set in movies, including the recent “All Good Things,” a 2010 film starring Ryan Gosling and Kirsten Dunst.  The Palace Theatre is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places; the city of Bridgeport hopes to one day restore the theatre to its former glory.

The lobby of the Loew’s Palace Theatre. It opened as the Poli’s Palace Theatre on September 4, 1922 in Bridgeport, Connecticut. Since its closing, the interior of the Palace has been used as a set in movies, including the recent “All Good Things,” a 2010 film starring Ryan Gosling and Kirsten Dunst. The Palace Theatre is now listed on the National Register of Historic Places; the city of Bridgeport hopes to one day restore the theatre to its former glory.

In the Richmond Hill area of Leeds, the population in the mid-1800s was comprised mostly of Irish immigrants. Yet in this place, the poor Catholic congregation, with their priests and an order of Oblate nuns, found the resources to replace their makeshift church with a massive cathedral-scale Gothic creation known as Mount St Mary’s. They called it the Famine Church.

In the Richmond Hill area of Leeds, the population in the mid-1800s was comprised mostly of Irish immigrants. Yet in this place, the poor Catholic congregation, with their priests and an order of Oblate nuns, found the resources to replace their makeshift church with a massive cathedral-scale Gothic creation known as Mount St Mary’s. They called it the Famine Church.

Pinterest
Search