The First Telegram "What Hath God Wrought" was sent from the capitol in Washington to Baltimore May 1844 over wires laid along the right of way of the BO Railroad adjacent to this highway. The telegraph was invented by Samuel Morse
store Howard Street, Baltimore, Maryland ca. 1915 Hughes Company 8 x 10 inch glass negative Baltimore City Life Museum Collection Interesting to think about the fact that Hutzler’s was a neighborhood department store.
This coat of arms belonged to Sir George Calvert, Lord Baltimore, who arrived in 1627 and founded a colony of English Catholics. This originally Catholic colony would eventually hang Catholics for their faith.