This clip is from the L.A. Times Jan 7, 1923, Farm and Tractor section. The Barnard Ranch was between Sawtelle Bl. And Corinth avenue fronting either side of Pico Blvd and the Barnards resided in Sawtelle since around 1900. Contrary to the usual practice of other ranchers, the Barnards employed almost exclusively Mexican Labor. They employed both Mexican and Japanese and gave the preference to Mexicans.