Ipolyság (Šahy, Slovakia). The facility was constructed in 1852 and was the home of a Status Quo Synagogue. After many years of decay, it was restored by a local foundation and is used as a cultural center. The Town also had an Orthodox Synagogue. Šahy had nearly 850 Jews in 1930; today there are only a few people in town with some sort of Jewish background.