In 1966, Norfolk & Western Railway donated to the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania the 220-ton former Nickel Plate Road 2-8-4 Berkshire-type fast-freight engine No. 757. The steam locomotive, the first of its kind donated to the museum, had been used between Chicago, Cleveland, Erie and Buffalo. Source: Pennsylvania Trails of History Guide
Beyer Garratt - Between 1937 and 1968 the South African Railways placed thirty-four Class NG Garratt articulated steam locomotives with a wheel arrangement in service on the Avontuur Railway and on the Natal narrow gauge lines.