After selling several models of automobiles in their stores since the turn of the century, the Koehler Sporting Goods Company in New York City decided in 1910 to build a better model car than what they were selling. They started building both cars and trucks under the name of Koehler. The Koehler automobile was a 40-horsepower, four-cylinder touring model on a 112-inch wheelbase. In 1913, the company dropped the automobile in favor of producing only trucks. They were made until 1923.
The Tincher was a brand of automobile produced from 1903-1908 in Chicago and from 1908-1909 in South Bend. The car was named after its developer, Thomas Luther Tincher, but built by the Chicago Coach and Carriage Company using components and body sections fabricated by the German Krupp steelworks. The Tincher debuted at the 1903 Chicago Automobile Show, where its air-braking system was the technical wonder of the event. The Tincher was also one of the costliest cars in production at the time