The Gateway Arch was designed by Finnish-American architect Eero Saarinen and German-American structural engineer Hannskarl Bandel in 1947. Construction began on February 12, 1963, and ended on October 28, 1965. The monument opened to the public on June 10, 1967.
Take a ride through Tilles Park transformed into a Winter Wonderland filled with more than one million sparkling lights and festive holiday scenes! Tip: the best way to see the display is by horse-drawn carriage.
The St. Louis Cardinals are given a victory parade in downtown St. Louis Sunday Oct. 30, 2011 after winning the 2011 World Series against the Texas Rangers. The view is looking north on 8th Street from Interstate 40.