An original 1887 cabinet photograph from the Lopez Adobe collection of the nearly-completed Maclay College of Theology of the University of Southern California. Vacated by its original owners, it was then purchased by the SDA Church and turned into a home of the SDA San Fernando Academy between 1900s and 1920s.
The original San Fernando Academy started off on the campus of the Maclay School of Theology in San Fernando, California.
Healdsburg College. Healdsburg, Cal. Boarding House 1882 - 1908
Graysville Administration Building
"In 1893 a box like structure 45 feet square, with two stories above a ten-foot basement, was erected on a nine-acre campus, the entire property valued at approximately $3,000. The school became known as Graysville Academy..." (SDA Encyclopedia, 1976:1395)