MacBrayne's famous paddle steamer, SS Columba (1878-1935) leaving Broomielaw Pier on the Clyde at Glasgow bound for Ardrishaig on the first leg of the "Royal Route" which, by a relay of steamers, took you all the way to Inverness via the Crinan and Caledonian Canals over the course of two days' sailing. This is a scan from MacBrayne's 1914 timetable - looks like a photo which has been "touched up".
Wemyss Bay Pier
From left to right: Largs built by Wingate & Co, Whiteinch, 1864. Lancelot built by Robert Duncan & Co, Port Glasgow, 1868. Lady Gertrude built by Blackwood & Gordon, Port Glasgow, 1872. Argyle built by Barclay, Curle & Co, 1866. From the Bill Lind collection.
Dunoon, Pier Esplanade, Pier
Dunoon Pier Esplanade | Dunoon Pier, rebuilt 1896. A substantial wood-piled pier, with an ornate single storey pantile-roofed, waiting-room block with 2 cupola ventilators and a clock tower. On the seaward side are a viewing balcony (a later addition) and a signalling tower. Text by J R Hume 1977. | Image from ScotlandsPlaces @ www.scotlandsplaces.gov.uk