Cleveland Museum of Art by Rafael Viñoly Architects

The Cleveland Museum of Art was built in 1916 as a Greek revival pavilion situated at the head of a pastoral park and lagoon landscape; however, subsequent additions obscured the rational plan of the original structure with a disjointed, confusing warren of spaces. Rafael Viñoly Architects resolved these conditions with an expansion and renovation, creating a coherent organization of galleries that unifies disparate architectural vocabularies into a singular composition.
13 Pins542 Followers

More ideas
Pinterest
Search