MV Dardanus in the Mersey by Bryan Booth. Built '40 by Burmeister & Wain at Copenhagen. Laid down as the Glengarry for Glen Line, she was seized by the Germans when Denmark was invaded Recovered by the British on 04/05/45 & renamed Empire Humber, '46 released back to Glen Line & renamed Glengarry. Transferred to Blue Funnel in '70 and renamed Dardanus but reverted back to Glen and Glengarry in '71 & scrapped in Japan.
POLYPHEMUS shown here in the 1970's in the Malacca Straits. Built in 1948 as Achilles. Radnorshire 1949. Asphalion 1963. Polyphemus, NSMO Dutch flag, 1966-1972. Sold in 1975 and renamed Gulf Anchor. Broken up Kaohsiung 28.4.1979. Age 31. Acknowledgment Keith Ward.