Milton Street, Nottingham, 1895. Looking south towards Parliament Street and Trinity Square with entrance to Charlotte Street on the left. Taken before construction of the Victoria Railway Station on the area to the left, now occupied by the Victoria Shopping Centre.

Milton Street, Nottingham, Looking south towards Parliament Street and…

The Original Trent Bridge Inn , Radcliffe Road, West Bridgford, Nottingham, c1900s.

The Original Trent Bridge Inn , Radcliffe Road, West Bridgford, Nottingham…

Upper Parliament Street, 1928  The junction with Market Street from the bottom of Wollaton Street showing the Three Crowns. Taken before the road widening scheme.

Upper Parliament Street, 1928 The junction with Market Street from the bottom of Wollaton Street showing the Three Crowns. Taken before the road widening scheme.

Derby Road and Parliament Street, Nottingham, c1940s.

Junction of Derby Road and Parliament Street, Nottingham,

© Picture The Past Demolising Sheep Lane to make way for Market Street

One of Nottingham’s narrow alleyways, Sheep Lane, known by local people as Blood Lane, was widened and renamed Market Street in © Picture The Past.

Theatre Square, Nottingham, c 1929 (courtesy of F W Stevenson).

Theatre Square, Nottingham, c 1929 (courtesy of F W Stevenson).

Beller Gate in the Lace Market in 1935

NottsPics on

Beller Gate in the Lace Market in 1935

The Astoria Garage, junction of Greyfriar Gate and Canal Street, Nottingham, looking towards the new Maid Marian Way, 1960s.

The Astoria Garage, junction of Greyfriar Gate and Canal Street, Nottingham, looking towards the new Maid Marian Way,

The widening of Trent Bridge, Nottingham, 1924.

NottsPics on

The widening of Trent Bridge, Nottingham,

Lower Parliament Street, Nottingham, 1895.  This view, looking North, shows the junction with Newcastle Street (centre) and the Old Dog and Partridge Public House (to the left of the Mart).

Lower Parliament Street, Nottingham, This view, looking North, shows the junction with Newcastle Street (centre) and the Old Dog and Partridge Public House (to the left of the Mart).

Pinterest
Search