Scott’s Hut, on Ross Island in Antarctica, was built in 1911 by the British Antarctic Expedition of (Terra Nova Expedition) led by Robert Falcon Scott. The hut was reused from by several of Ernest Shackleton’s Ross Sea party who had become marooned.
The memorial statue to Captain Robert Falcon Scott stands in Waterloo Place. A bronze statue on a stone pedestal shows Scott dressed in polar clothing carrying a ski stick in his hand. The text on the plaque lists his companions who died with him in 1912 and also quotes from his famous diary. Unveiled 5.11.1915 by Arthur Balfour. The sculptor was Captain Scott's widow - Lady Kathleen Scott.